Sunday, August 14, 2016

Esbat Full Moon


Esbat Full Moon

 

August 18 is the Full Moon.  The Moon is the only natural satellite of the Earth and the fifth largest Moon in the Solar System.  The Moon is in synchronous rotation with Earth, always showing the same face with its near side marked by dark volcanic that fill between the bright ancient crustal highlands and the prominent impact craters.  It is the most luminous object in the sky after the Sun. 




An Esbat is the ritual that centers around the moon. Generally, most Wiccans observe the Full Moon Esbat, and concentrate their important spell work then.  The Full Moon Esbat is used for banishing, protection and divination workings, also planning, releasing and working with time.  It is during this time that the God becomes the strong Father figure who cares for the Earth and all its creatures.  The Father is the ripeness of manhood and in his prime, a great leader.

Sturgeon Moon of August.  The fishing tribes are given credit for the naming of this Moon, since sturgeon, a large fish of the Great Lakes and other major bodies of water, were most readily caught during this month.  Plan a ritual to preserve what you already have.  A few tribes knew it as the Full Red Moon because, as the Moon rises, it appears reddish through any sultry haze.

The sturgeon is a symbol of strength and longevity to Native Americans. Like salmon, sturgeons swim upstream to get to their spawning grounds.  They are very graceful swimmers, causing very little disturbance as they move through the water.  Water is the element of the emotions.  So sturgeon have the strength to swim against the current and the ability to survive despite hard times. 

 

 


The full moon affects everything around us, the way we act, the way we think, and the way we handle our emotions.  The effects of the moon had been talked about, and joked about, since the Dawn of Time.  Phrases like “once in a blue moon” and “full moon special” have been used as an excuse for a wide variety of behavior.  It pulls the tides, and even draws the energies of plants from root to tip.

Meditate on the accomplishments from the last few weeks that you are proud of and would like to celebrate in community.  Make clear also any intentions that you would like support around manifesting in the weeks following the Esbat ceremony.  Bring a symbol of each to add to the altar.  You are encouraged to bring with you a candle, shell or small object that represents the moon.  These will be charged with the energy raised at our celebration and placed in a special place in your home as a symbol to support you in filling your intentions.  Bring any inspiring music, poetry or images as well as a light snack to share after the ceremony.

 

28 Adorations to Mani

I adore You, Sweet Incantation of Night.
I adore You, Hati’s Fetter.
I adore You, Son of the Keeper of Time.
I adore You, Delight of Mundilfari’s House.
I adore You, Brother of Sunna.
I adore You, Nephew of Nott.
I adore You, Kin to Sinthgunt.
I adore You, Lustrous Illuminator.
I adore You, Beloved of Unn.
I adore You, Singer of Odd little Rhymes.
I adore You, Intoxicator.
I adore You, of the thirteen turnings.
I adore You, Bearer of the gleaming scimitar.
I adore You, Who sometimes shields his face.
I adore You, Ancient Splendor.
I adore You, Protector of Children.
I adore You, Solitary Singer.
I adore You, Keeper of Cycles.
I adore You, Master of Tides.
I adore You, Friend of Alfar dark and light.
I adore You, Who inspires longing.
I adore You, God of Camellias.
I adore You, Who makes the heart ache.
I adore You, Protector of the Mad.
I adore You, Beautiful as Alabaster.
I adore You, Gleaming Pearl in the body of Night.
I adore You, Master of the Abacus.
I adore You, Golden One and Beautiful.
My Adoration, I hail You.
Sweetest God, ancient and beautiful.
Be ever praised, Mani.

~ Galina Krasskova

 

Some people have preferences of which moon cycle they like best so experiment to find out which ones you like best.

 









 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment